Bakersfield Observed A blog for and about Bakersfield ... life, media, politics and people: Music Center... MUSIC CENTER: Social media lit up with frustration after the Board of Supervisors denied a proposal to build a music event center off Interstate 5 on land owned by Phil and Daniel Rudnick. (Scroll half-way down the page to see: 'MUSIC CENTER' and 'MORE MUSIC'
Kern Radio Newstalk 1180 & The New 96.1 K-E-R-N - A proposal to build a concert festival site off Interstate 5 in Buttonwillow heads to a vote - Click Title to hear the show.
A Coachella-style music festival could one day be coming to Kern County. Daniel Rudnick and his father, Phil Rudnick, want to turn 225 acres off Interstate 5 and 7th Standard Road into a giant concert venue.
Kern County Supervisors will hear an ambitious pitch from the developers of the proposed Cal Centre music festival venue Tuesday. Daniel Rudnick and his father Phil are hoping supervisors will allow them to develop a 255-acre site at the corner of 7th Standard Road and Interstate 5...
I hope you fellow community members can join me in the near universal excitement for the approval of a music festival site here in Kern County.....Let’s protect our way of life and ask our Board of Supervisors to approve the Music Festival project.
- Capable of hosting up to 65,000 attendees including staff for a 3 day
live music festival
- Total site acreage: Laser leveled 255 acres (10,000,000 square feet)
- Main festival site size: 90 acres
- Total camping: 40 acres
- Total parking: 113 acres
- Main festival site and camping area will be all grass
- Two freeway access off ramps (I-5 north & south bound)
- Only 2.5 hours from Los Angeles & Santa Barbara
- No curfew restrictions
- Four separate parking lots with multiple access points
- Transportation & regional hotel shuttle system
- Metro shuttle packages
- Traffic management
- Parking management
- Staff parking lots
- Uber/Lyft & taxi logistics
- Local agencies integration
7th Standard Rd.
& Interstate 5
- Centrally located in California
- Hours from Los Angeles
- Hours from Las Vegas
- Hours from Fresno and Sacramento
- Hours from San Diego
STAY IN THE KNOW
201 New Stine Rd, Suite 300
Bakersfield, Ca 93309